CAEfatigue VIBRATION (CFV) is our flagship software program that is used to conduct random response and fatigue evaluations of dynamic mechanical systems in the frequency domain. The software is available for single input loading (CFV-BASE) or complex multi-input loading (CFV-MULTI) and can handle virtually any size model with extreme speed and accuracy.
Why choose CFV over other frequency domain competitor tools?
- CFV processes models from multiple sources including Nastran, NX Nastran, Abaqus, Ansys and Optistruct.
- CFV processes very large models (3Tb+) with little difficulty.
- CFV allows the use of unlimited multiple correlated inputs and includes accurate calculation of the cross-correlation influences between inputs.
- CFV allows the inputs to be mixed loading (e.g. sine sweep, sine on random PSD, consecutive sines plus mean loading, etc.).
- CFV generates advanced equivalent stress modelling (e.g. complex von-Mises and complex Principal).
- CFV uses our Running Sum Technology that allows for very fast analysis.
- CFV is so fast that the user can do Design Of Experiments by running hundreds of jobs in quick succession.
- CFV allows the use of typical automotive materials (e.g. Strain-Life) and mean stress corrections.
- CFV will produce both random response statistics and fatigue results in a single executed job.
- CFV is a Custom Driven Technology. We strive to adjust our strategic development planning to match the needs/desires of our customers. Tell us what you need and we will strive to make it happen!
Why choose CFV over conventional time domain competitor tools?
- CFV is much faster, requires less memory and generates less files (e.g. compared to Modal Participation files).
- CFV requires far fewer solver runs.
- CFV is accurate to the Nyquist frequency while time domain accuracy reduces after 20% of the Nyquist frequency.
- CFV provides better information about damage sensitivity to frequency, load input or mode of response.
- CFV facilitates the creation of standardized load sequencing and surrogate PSD loads that can replace complex test input files.
- CFV provides key life test modelling to prioritize, or filter, loading events.
- CFV is so fast that rapid fatigue optimization is possible, which cannot be done in the time domain.
- CFV provides seamless integration and management of road load data to allow use of CFV even if you only have time histories for input loading.
CAEfatigue VIBRATION is available as a standalone product from CAEfatigue Ltd. or through the Altair APA Partnership. CFV is also the chosen technology that is embedded in MSC Nastran (NEVF) sold by MSC Software.
About CAEfatigue Limited
In 2012, under the direction of Dr. Neil Bishop, a team of academics came together to form CAEFatigue Limited with the primary goal of creating simple but effective random response and fatigue calculation tools that were lacking in the commercial offerings of that time. The result was our flagship product CAEfatigue VIBRATION: a completely new, ground up software development effort relying on new calculation algorithms and technology inventions. This work was soon followed up by additional software products that now form our CAEfatigue Software Suite. The Team at CAEfatigue Limited will always stay committed to improving the current “state of the art” in this field. That is our commitment to our customers.
Dr. Neil Bishop
Founder & CEODr. Neil Bishop is the Founder and CEO of CAEfatigue Limited. Dr. Bishop has been teaching fatigue life estimation techniques and dynamics to undergraduates, postgraduates and design engineers for nearly 30 years. His teaching style reflects the philosophy that dynamics analysis and fatigue life estimation techniques should be accessible to all design engineers, not just the specialists. Along with his teaching credentials, Dr. Bishop also has vast experience with real industrial problems and solutions, through his global experiences with major automotive, aerospace and other industry leaders. Dr. Bishop co-authored the NAFEMS publication “Finite Element Based Fatigue Calculations” and has numerous papers published related to his specialty. He is committed to providing the world class solutions that meet the needs lacking in the applications of today.